Rights & Services for All Crime Victims

  • You have the right to apply for financial help for losses resulting from a violent crime. This assistance does not cover property losses. For application and information, call  (888) 622-8799; TTD (651) 205-4827.
  • You have the right to request the law enforcement agency withhold public access to data revealing your identity. The law enforcement agency will decide if this is possible.
  • You have the right, if an offender is charged, to be informed of and participate in the prosecution process, including the right to request restitution (money court ordered from the offender and paid to the victim). If you feel your rights as a victim have been violated, call the State of Minnesota Crime Victim Justice Office at (651) 201-7300, (888) 622-8799; or TTD (651) 205-4827.