Where do I apply for an Order for Protection or Harassment Restraining Order?

If you wish to obtain an Order for Protection or Harassment Restraining Order you should contact the Jackson County Court Administration at the Jackson County Courthouse on weekdays during normal business hours. You will need to appear in person to fill out the required forms and there is a filing fee for the paperwork. If you have any questions, call Court Administration.

Jackson County Court Administration: 405 Fourth Street, P. O. Box 177, Jackson, MN 56143 Phone: (507) 847-4400

Who can I speak to as a victim of domestic abuse?

THE SOUTHWEST CRISIS CENTER, and this service center is available to assist Jackson and Cottonwood county residents with a variety of issues related to crime victims and domestic abuse. Often, they also assist those in fear of harm of domestic assault by working together with the Heron Lake Police Department.  The center can assist with filing out all the required paperwork for restraining orders, orders for protection, providing safe houses, having a court advocate go with you and assisting you with legal procedures in a court proceeding. The Crisis Center may be contacted 24-hours a day at: 1-800-376-4311

SOUTHWEST CRISIS CENTER 1043 4th Avenue Suite 1, Windom,  MN. 56101, Phone: (507) 831-2244 (Business Hours M-F)