Police Officer, Working Part Time Hours. The City of Heron Lake Police Department accepts applications for full time licensed police officers,to work part time for this department on an ongoing basis. Download and complete an application, submit with cover letter and current resume if you wish to apply.
Chief of Police Anthony Fauglid, PO Box 315, Heron Lake Minnesota 56137
Click for PDF FORM -> APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT – POLICE
- Must have passed either the Minnesota POST Exam or Minnesota Reciprocal POST EXAM. If you do not know what these are, please check with the State of Minnesota Peace Officers Standards and Training Board Website at: https://dps.mn.gov/entity/post/Pages/default.aspx
- Must have valid Minnesota Drivers License with no recent serious traffic offenses.
- No Felony or Gross Misdemeanor convictions in this state, or similar level offenses in other states or federal territories.
- No Misdemeanor Convictions for assault, disorderly conduct, domestic assault, violations of orders for protection, theft, disorderly house, possession of marijuana or drug paraphernalia, and other non-traffic offenses to be evaluated on a totality of circumstances.
- Are not a suspect, a person of interest, or the subject of any open criminal investigation.
- Are not the subject of an active internal investigation at another public agency.
- Have not been terminated from any employment for gross insubordination or willful misconduct.